Whitco deadlatches are almost identical to the Lockwood 001 deadlatch; the main difference being the lack of LockAlert® (the Red / Green deadlock indicator), plus angled edges instead of rounded. Apart from that, it shares all the attributes of the Lockwood 001.
Whitco and Lockwood are both part of the conglomeration called Assa Abloy. Lockwood and Whitco used to be Australian companies, but were bought out by Swedish-owned Assa Abloy around 2000. Most of the Australian-made products are now manufactured in China, including the 001 deadlatches. Even so, they are still undoubtedly one of the best locking devices available.
- Concealled fixing points - 11 of them
- Frame strengthening as standard
- Deadlockable - with automatic undeadlocking on entry
- Deadlatch cannot be forced back by latch shimming (credit card movie trick)
- Fits any thickness of door
- No external protrusion to attack
- Simple holdback / passage mode
- Minimal holes in door retains door strength integrity
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Matrix Key Systems users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.