Oval cylinders are used by many locks in the Australian market. They measure 31.5mm x 18mm, but will have various size mounting rings or plates around them.
Lockwood 570, 590, 3572, 3582, 3542, 3P72, 3P82 mortice locks all use the oval cylinder, as do all the similar products made by other companies.
Different functions are obtained by different 'cams' screwed on the back of the cylinder, eg,
- 'Z' cam locks and unlocks the lever handle
- 'X' cam retracts the latchbolt
- 'W' cam engages the internal turnsnib
- 'Y' cam for sliding door locks
- 'R' cam for flip bolt locks
Oval cylinders are also used in ADI high-security lock bolts, ROSS cupboard locks, LIW key switches, Matrix KeyStations.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Matrix Key Systems users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.